We make politics transparent and hold politicians accountable
We are politik.ch, a Swiss civic-tech start-up based on open government data. As we are getting traction, we will hire a new team member – as soon as possible:
Are you passionate about recent web developments and new technologies? Are you an open-data nerd? Are you interested in the mechanics of politics? As we share common values of diversity, we especially encourage women to apply for this position.
- visual design approach
- completed (or well advanced) education in computer science, programming, or applied infor- matics (university, technical college or similar) OR self-trained wizard with proven track record
- independent working habits
- very good command of English as our main working language
- we expect you to have all capabilities in web development (PHP, HTML, CSS, Git)
- experience with D3.js, Webpack and PHP/Symfony
- mobile interfaces experience (iOS, Android), and mobile app frameworks like React native, Ionic native or similar
- proven experience in open-data projects
- German language skills are a plus, French and / or Italian language skills would be a super-plus
politik.ch is based on Symfony, D3.js, jQuery and some more libraries. Our tool is a comprehensive, reliable, fast, and independent platform that collects and processes open government data focussing on politics. We automatically visualize political transactions. Thus, connections are made transparent and comprehensible, and offer a classification of democratic Switzerland and beyond.
You will be key in reaching these goals. Therefore we offer a Swiss start-up salary, and additional benefits, depending on your needs and goals. We will work remotely but provide Zurich as our main hub.
Please send your application (CV, cover letter, track record of projects) to Clemens Schuster, email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to call / text / WhatsApp at +41 76 540 52 88 to ask any questions.