We are honored that you consider working with us. We are always looking for interesting people and the best talents available – just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond for sure. As we share common values of diversity, we ALWAYS encourage women to apply for our positions. Dear agencies, headhunters, outsourcing, offshoring providers: we only accept direct applications, please.
Open positions (updated February 22nd, 2021):
We make politics transparent and accountable – join us!
UX/UI designer (40-60%, remote)
We are politik.ch, a Swiss civic-tech/gov-tech start-up dealing with open government data. As we are growing, we will hire a new team member – as soon as possible:
UX/UI designer (40-60%, remote)
Are you a talented UX/UI designer and/or UX/UI developer who creates beautiful, engaging, and interactive experiences? You like to trailblaze short ways and lead our users all the way through intuitive and easy to use interfaces? You know how to cross bridges between the islands of useful, clear, logical, W3C standards, and good looking? Your approach on information architecture is reducing complexity? Would you describe yourself to have an excellent taste and a creative mind that never stops coming up with new ideas, and never runs out of energy to execute them? You believe that inspiration may flourish from anywhere, and constantly experimenting with new ideas is a good thing? You like to maintain the consistency of a brand? You know what big data based digital storytelling is, and know how UI/UX best practices can take great design to the next level? Do you like playing around with and visualize (open) data? Are you interested in the mechanics of politics? As we share common values of diversity, we especially encourage women to apply for this position.
- 5+ years experience in digital design, UX/UI design
- proven expertise in standard UX software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, InVision etc)
- have a human centered design approach in solving user needs with deep user empathy, understand the user experience and how to analyze and test usability: wireframing, prototyping where useful and necessary, write user stories for dev team, testing
- great taste, love for beautiful design, produce original work, keep strong attention to detail – constantly wowing of clients and team
- completed (or well advanced) education in UX/UI design and/or applied informatics (university, technical college or similar) OR self-trained wizard with outstanding track record
- independent working habits
- very good command of English as our main working language
- based in Europe / within CET (max. ± 2h) timezone
- comfortable designing within responsive web and W3C guidelines
- expertise in CSS and preprocessors (SASS, LESS, etc.)
- basic understanding in web architecture (HTTP, request/response workflow)
- experience with mobile app design (iOS, Android)
- German language skills are a plus, French and / or Italian language skills would be a super-plus
politik.ch is based on Symfony, React, and some more libraries. You will join a fully agile team of back-end / front-end developers. Our tool is a comprehensive, reliable, fast, and independent platform that collects and processes open government data focusing on politics. We automatically visualize political transactions. Thus, connections are made transparent and comprehensible, and offer a classification of democratic Switzerland and beyond.
You will be key in maintaining and developing it. Therefore we offer a competitive compensation based on your location, and additional benefits, depending on your needs and goals. We will work fully remote. Your role shall be performed part-time (40-60%), with great flexibility, and we support flexible working arrangements.
Please send your application (CV, cover letter, track record relevant projects) to Clemens Schuster, email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to call / text / message at +41 76 540 52 88 to ask any questions.
Job ad for UX/UI designer (40-60%, remote) as PDF.